The Museum and Archives are located on the grounds of the UEL Heritage Centre and Park, in Allison House, a Victorian mansion constructed in the 1870s by David Wright Allison.
The museum operates seasonally from Victoria Day until Labour Day, and is open daily from 10AM to 4PM all week days except for Tuesdays. It also operates on weekends during September. Please contact the museum for group visits or for visits by appointment at other times.
The museum collection is set up in several rooms and tells the story of the United Empire Loyalists from their times before the start of the American Revolution, their struggles as they settled in various parts of Canada, and the life of the loyalists in the early part of the 19th Century. It includes display panels explaining their history, as well as uniforms, military items, early farm artifacts, a country store, early loyalist living room, and paintings depicting the Loyalists. The UELHCP grounds hosted the 100th Anniversary of the arrival of the Loyalists in Canada in 1884, and the Centennial Bedroom shows how far a Loyalist family had come in 100 years.
The museum also has a gift shop with loyalist related souvenirs for young and old, as well as books and other research material.