THE UNITED EMPIRE LOYALIST HERITAGE CENTRE AND PARK
The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is a mixture of history, camping, and family fun, all in one location. It is made up of 72 acres, located on the scenic shores of the Bay of Quinte, along the Loyalist Parkway (Hwy #33) in the historic village of Adolphustown.
The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Vanalstine, which took place on June 16, 1784. The first loyalists were settled on the grounds in tents, and spent their early days here before moving to their new homes. The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is dedicated to the preservation of this important location, which included the first Loyalist Cemetery, established in 1784, and the oldest monument to the Loyalists in Canada, erected in 1884 for the Loyalist Centennial Celebrations.
The park was established as a family campground and day-use facility by the Province of Ontario in 1956 and has served as such since that time. Some of our visiting families have been coming to this spot for generations. Campsites are available for overnight, weekly, or seasonal use. Our beach and day-use area is ideally suited for family picnics and outings, as well as for larger groups, such as family reunions or church picnics.
For those interested in history, we have a museum dedicated to the Loyalists and early Ontario history, as well as a large library research room. From time to time we host encampments by re-enactment groups to bring history to life on our grounds.
The UEL Heritage Centre & Park is owned and operated by the Bay of Quinte Branch of the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada.
We are pleased to offer FAMILY CAMPING SINCE 1784!
We look forward to your visit.